Watch how the European Parliament rewrite history.
Use the CC button to read the subtitles.
The Social Democrats and the National Socialists--the Nazis--were in fact socialists.
Just look at the 25 Points of the Nazis.
These are the same things that AOC is demanding.
7. We demand that the State shall above all undertake to ensure that every citizen shall have the possibility of living decently and earning a livelihood.
10. The first duty of every citizen must be to work mentally or physically. No individual shall do any work that offends against the interest of the community to the benefit of all.
Therefore we demand:
11. That all unearned income, and all income that does not arise from work, be abolished.
12. Since every war imposes on the people fearful sacrifices in blood and treasure, all personal profit arising from the war must be regarded as treason to the people. We therefore demand the total confiscation of all war profits.
20. In order to make it possible for every capable and industrious German to obtain higher education, and thus the opportunity to reach into positions of leadership, the State must assume the responsibility of organizing thoroughly the entire cultural system of the people. The curricula of all educational establishments shall be adapted to practical life.
That's all I hear in their demands.
And for people who claim to be dead set against nationalism there was a whole lot of national mentioning.
Then there's Article? 18?
That right there seals their own fate!
Struck down by what they struck down in writing!
18: "Traitors, usurpers, profiteers, etc., are to be punished with death, regardless of creed or race."
The Germans did one thing brilliantly: the counterattack.
They invented "elastic defense," which calls for the defenders to fall back and attack from the flanks.
Hitler BANNED any form of retreat, which meant that the Nazis were unable to launch more than a handful of successful counterattacks in the entire war.
Couple that with the fighting skills of the Americans, British, Canadians, and Soviets, and the Nazis were doomed from the start.
Australia concentrated on the Pacific.
Although about 13,000 Australian airmen served in Europe, they were in the British Royal Air Force. There were no ground troops.
When you consider that 19,000 Americans were killed in ONE MONTH during the Battle of the Bulge, you can see that it's not really seemly for you to complain that I didn't credit Australia with defeating the Nazis.
It's not a competition.
@ThomasWic @MarieGreen @capnjoe The Aussies also acquitted themselves well in North Africa.
Where the British treated them like Shit.
When The Pacific War cracked off & almost all of Australia's Army was invested fighting Rommel.
The British shanghaied every Boy over the age of 17, gave them 2 weeks Training then threw them at veteran Japanese Troops on the Kokoda Trail.
As they died like flies
the British SNEERINGLY referred to them as "Choco-Soldiers" Conscripts who melt in the heat.
@ThomasWic @MarieGreen @capnjoe
The Aussie Draftees, literally grabbed off the Streets, who died like flies even as their British Commanders disparaged them HELD THE JAPANESE
After a month of bloody fighting seasoned Veterans from the Middle East arrived to replace the mauled Conscripts.
No on referred to them as "Choco-Soldiers" after that.
Those who label words as violence do so with the sole purpose of justifying violence against words.