2. As Trump has pointed out on multiple occasions, the regime has outsmarted America (and the west) for DECADES.
They're a powerful nuclear armed state.
America would likely win a military war with China - but would destroy itself in the process.
Hence Saveedra's stupidity. This is the type of thinking behind 'Shock and Awe', the arrogant doctrine (post 9/11) that US military power alone would induce submission and respect.
3. And it's bastard offspring, the 'doctrine of rapid dominance'. More BS 1990s marketing pap:
'impose this overwhelming level of Shock and Awe against an adversary on an immediate or sufficiently timely basis to paralyze its will to carry on ... [to] seize control of the environment and paralyze or so overload an adversary's perceptions and understanding of events that the enemy would be incapable of resistance at the tactical and strategic levels.'
4. How arrogant we were to assume that goat herders and farmers across Afghanistan and the Mid-East, would just lay down their weapons and surrender?
As @ThomasWic has been pointing out for years, these are somw of the hardest, toughest warriors out there.
They NEVER give in.
Evil? Maybe. But death and fighting just makes them stronger.
6. Trump understands that the great generals defeat their enemies with their enemy's population and cities intact.
Destruction is NOT the objective.
Xi and his goons walking away defeated IS. Preferably, hung by their own people.
With NO American losses.
7. El Presidente Xi, surrounded by lapdogs and apparatchiks, no doubt thinks this is a wonderful victory.
'Oh Great Master! Dow Jones in freefall! NBC praise your greatness! Roger Maddow #1 fan!'
They have no idea who they're dealing with.
Trump WILL freeze China out of world markets. Their access to the US market is already DOOMED.
After this stint? They are FU&K$D.
At the same time? Trump will say: 'Xi is a great guy. I respect him.'
8. By 2024 if not earlier, as the money runs out and the Chinese population rise up, what will Trump be saying?
'Gee, Xi is such a talented guy. It's sad what's happening. But you know, we really can't interfere. We offer help and they don't take it. Also in China, saving face is important. Wouldn't want to get in the way.'
'I really hope that Xi is OK.'
And the Chinese phone calls to the White House will just keep ringing and ringing.
China goes down. Not a bullet fired.
With no answer.
9. And America wins.
Plus, the western democracies WIN, imperfect as they are.
President Donald J Trump is an historic figure. The most significant American POTUS ever?
As things stand, YES.
Xi hasn't got a chance. But shhhhhh. Don't let him know!
When that happens, any country that foolishly aligns with Xi takes a hit as well.
@REX la la la la la, la la la la la....
I LOVE Pres. Trump’s psychological “F Us” to his enemies. He’s so good at it
This single toot right here is epic. I can see this exact scenario being played out in the not to distant future.
DESPITE Phase 1 deal, 25% tariffs on a bunch of stuff, have NOT been removed.
Trump folks are taking over World Bank, UN, and have been winning WTO lawsuits left and right.
And substantial trade with INDIA looms.
Those who label words as violence do so with the sole purpose of justifying violence against words.