(1) A year ago almost to the date (29 April 2018) I started a conversation about the "Deep State" that Twitter saw fit to interrupt.
Let's start it again.
Few expressions are so misused in our ever so limited political lexicon.
Indeed, it's increasingly difficult to divine the intended meaning anymore.
Whatever group someone dislikes, it gets so labeled and on they go.
So let’s define what it is we mean by "Deep State" before we go any further lest the conspiratorial crowd get too excited.
(2) In the earlier days of the Republic, we had a system in which the party elected to power proceeded immediately to fire all government employees hired by the opposing party, giving the lucrative positions to their own.
To the victor belong the spoils! Hence, the spoils system.
It was something my great-grandma’s 2nd cousin, Nathaniel Hawthorne, learned in 1848.
As the Whigs came in, he lost his job as Surveyor in the Salem Customs House, just a couple of blocks from the family home.
(3) In this case, it turned out to be a good thing.
His misfortune gave us The Scarlet Letter and made him a glory of American Literature.
He had gotten the job in 1839, courtesy of another cousin and fellow student at Bowdoin, Franklin Pierce, then a Senator for New Hampshire and a Democratic Party star whose election to the Presidency in 1852 ought to be studied by those who think nothing ever stays the same.
But I digress.
(4) That system of doling out government jobs to followers as a prize on every election created a lot of discontent among the troops, who had to endure years of famine in between lucrative gigs.
That was true for all concerned.
So they came out with the idea of “professionalizing” government employees, an euphemism meaning "making them fire proof."
Thus, as a new administration came in, top jobs remained a game of musical chairs, just like LatAm governments...but the grunts stayed put.
(6) The unionization of government employees created a new class of American citizen:
A mass of untouchables who ran the daily business of government and who, through the alliance of their unions with the Democratic Party, created a state within the state.
(7) Government contracts flowed in one direction guaranteeing the unions ever increasing revenues, and these let the campaign contributions flow at the same rate; and an army of “operatives" was ready to stuff envelopes, slash tires or, more recently, write absentee ballots.
If an opponent was elected by chance, he or she’d have to confront a sea of molasses slowing their every move.
Staffers, secretaries, managers, attorneys...doing what they could, at every turn, to hamper their work.
(8) This nameless, faceless bureaucracy; this American nomenclature, is what we may rightfully call the "Deep State."
Let me give you a couple of examples that I think will be in the news soon.
Apparatchik No 1: Tashina Gauhar.
Apparatchik No 2: George Toscas.
The Siamese twins of the DoJ.
The Dinamic Duo of the FISC (Yes, the FISA Court.)
(9)Tashina, once (briefly) a Civil Rights attorney in private practice, was hired by the DoJ as a “General Attorney" (DoJ euphemism for paper pusher) in 2003/2004.
(10) She had a BA from Loyola College and was admitted in the Law School of the University of Maryland in 1997. Do the math.
Now you know what I mean by briefly.
Oh, yes, she was an “associate” at DLA Piper (then Piper Marbury Rudnick and Wolfe, LLP.
(11) Note: The article in the previous toot got it wrong.
In 2002 she was STILL with Piper playing 2nd second banana in bankrutpcy proceedings…Hence my guesstimate of 2003/4 as her entry into D0J.
(12) In 2006, Tashina and George were moved to a new office, a “partnership with U.S. attorneys' offices and the FBI - in what are considered broad national security investigations."
“Toscas and Tashina Gauhar, the DA attorney general for intelligence, have offices next to each other and say they are in constant communication. The division is the liaison between Justice Department headquarters and the intelligence community.”
Look at the 2nd banana go!
Only two years.
(13) Then came Eric Holder, the gun dealer for the Sinaloa Cartel, and in September of 2009, a new division was created.:
A “National Security team”!
And up went Tash and Georgie.
Tashina Gauhar as the "Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Intelligence;" and George Toscas as the "Acting Deputy Assistant Attorney General for Counterterrorism and Counterespionage."
Deep Staters who eat together, stay together.
(14) Guess who carried the FBI’s and Eric Holder's water in FISC requests (yep, the FISA Court)?
Don't take my word for it.
Take a peak here in 2011:
(15) Oh, well, but that was in 2011!
OK. Let's take a peak in 2013…
(16) And getting closer to the beef...here is our heroine in 2015, always the faithful assistant to none other than the ineffable Sally Yates.
Yes. Sally "Logan Act" Yates. The shrew who created the Flynn canard, got her skanky ass fired by Trump for impersonating the Supreme Court, and to this day peddles the Russia canard as if her life depended on it (maybe it does.)
A match made in Hell.
(17) In 2016, she was making 185,100 as an attorney in the “Offices, Boards and Divisions.” One of the 10% highest paid shysters there.
But was she really working on buildings?
(18) Remember the dustup with @POTUS and foreign born terrorists in February 2018?
Guess who set him up?
Yep. Tash and Georgie.
Offices and Divisions. Sure.
OK, I'll tell you how she got there in a couple of toots.
(19) Last year their names popped up at the curious messages between Strzok and Page, and who would notice but @_VachelLindsay_, our own @REX
Maybe he'll tell you, because Twatter closed down his account soon after.
Here is the link to his original post.
In other words, here goes nothing.
(20) In that post by @REX, on page 21 of the heavily redacted response for emails relating to Sally Yates we found this:
Classified FISA Matter: "There is a matter relating to Section 702 of FISA that can be briefed by ADAG Tashina Gauhar in an appropriate setting.”
Is there, really?
(Maybe we can talk REX into re-posting the docs.)
But enough niceties. How did Tashina darling end there (after all, a promise is a promise.)
(21) In 2015, in between tarmac meetings with you-know-who and hard drive bashing sessions, Loretta darling changed the DoJ organizational chart.
Anything and everything related to National Security had to go through Tashina, including, yes, anything that had to do with the FISA courts.
(23) What the fuck were the FISA crowd at the DoJ doing with the Obamination's communications guy in the White House in early 2016, you may ask?
Go ahead. Ask them.
But, just in case, remember that Baker was the guy brough in by Comey as counsel to the FBI and sacked by Wray for presumably pushing the Steele dossier to Mother Jones, the American Pravda.
All roads lead to the sewer.
(24) As you think about “Deep State” think about third rate lawyers who float in the bureaucracy pushing or holding documents at will, and who get to make a lot of money in exchange for doing their Dimm's masters' bidding, regardless of who sits on top.
Think of nameless cohorts who enabled Obama's cabal to use FISA courts to spy on their opponents, impede a smooth transition of government and, even today, conspire to undermine the administration.
And none of the pundits even know their names.
(25) Think of Tashina Gauhar and George Toscas.
Soon to be nameless no more, as their participation in the plot to subvert the FISA courts comes to light.
Oh, yes, and think a little about the role they played in keeping the Clinton e-mail investigation under wraps. That's coming, too.
While you do this, don’t take your eyes off of Sally Yates and Grandma Loretta.
This is going to be fun.
And none of the screaming banshees in the media see it coming.
Another interesting and educational thread. Thank you for this.
Alas they are gone, Saul.
'Tash' Gauhar's name is all over the Page/Strzok texts. She's a real piece of work. We'll be hearing A LOT more about this gormless creature in the coming months.
She was a key part of Obama's corrupt FISA crew, getting illegal surveillance on anyone the creep chose.
By the time twitter got to us, it was too late for them.
Our community was built and off the hook. The most powerful group of researchers on twitter.
A self-generating group of high IQ independent researchers. Second to none.
They're still going and no-one can stop them. As soon as Jack suspends one, three more researchers spring up.
Those who label words as violence do so with the sole purpose of justifying violence against words.