1) Little thought experiment.
The House managers argument has been that POTUS abused his power to get something of value that would give him the “personal benefit” of helping him get elected and that's a high crime worthy of impeachment.
For this argument to be right then there’s a special law applying to candidates running for elected office stating that anything they do to give them the “personal benefit” of helping them get elected is a violation of such a law.
3) Now it would be impossible for them to write such law without outlawing elections all together. The reason being pretty much everything a candidate does while running for office is to help themselves get the “personal benefit” of being elected. It would be impossible to do that without violating such a law. It would be a contradiction.
Now let’s assume everyone ignores the obvious contradiction and the law is passed. What are the implications?
5) Second anyone helping the candidate get elected would be co-conspirators in committing the crime and could be charged. This could apply to doing any of the following activities involving a candidate running for election:
- Posting a yard sign or bumper sticker
- Making arguments in support
- Writing articles or posting videos in support
- Reporting favourable news in support
- Of course…voting for on Election Day
Those who label words as violence do so with the sole purpose of justifying violence against words.